Good Morning everyone,
I haven't made it to the hospital yet but spoke with Pat on the phone. See sounds so much better than when I left her last night. The nurses had to take away her morphine because she was getting too trigger happy pushing the button and they couldn't get her to stay awake for more than 10 seconds. Every time they asked her a question she responded "UH HUH", "UH HUH". So since she was so agreeable I decided to get in on it and asked her if I could buy a new car, and she said "UH HUH". Maybe I should have gotten her to put it in writing.
The staff at the Mayo Clinic had her up and walking this morning. The doctor was going to remove the drainage tube today, still awaiting the final results of the pathology report on the nodule they removed. Pat said they were going to possibly let her go home today until the staff learned she had a 2 1/2 hour drive. So it looks like they will let her go tomorrow, Thursday.
Kristen is coming up to visit Pat today. She accepted a job in Jacksonville and is starting tomorrow. She is going to drive up and look for apartments today, visit at the hospital and then she is staying with one of the women she is going to be working with.
Thanks again for all your support and kind words. The emails and comments have been great. Will update the blog again, later today when we know some more.
Ron (the new car owner)
Ron,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update! Glad the surgery went well and that Pat is showing significant improvement.
So please for you with your new car too!! What did you choose? I hope it's something nice!
Please let Pat know that I am thinking of her and wishing her the very best and hoping to see her when I come to Disney in August. I will keep in touch and look forward to more posts as she progresses!
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers,
Barb